I'm looking at the external database feature - great idea, and very
nice that it's present in foodsoft. Some questions come to mind
- is it an idea to move it to the foodcoops organisation?
- is this equal to foodsoft's supplier+article database? plus
- the option to restrict access to certain suppliers
- an automatic update option (seeing ftp support)
- ability to upload multiple file formats (something I started
on in foodsoft itself)
- could I use foodsoft itself to manage shared lists?
- would bring in features like e.g. ajax popup edit dialog
- would miss some features
- would it make sense to add those to foodsoft in a clean way
so that we have one app?
- is the reason for the "new article" dialog at article import
in foodsoft there primarily because a category needs to be set?
- we're thinking of adding standardised categories to
sharedlists, and have some sort of category mapping function
at product import
- the external database synchronise function currently has
broken i18n - which I've fixed in the i18n branch (this
currently affects demo.foodcoops.net)
These were my thoughts. If you're knowledgeable or interested in
this please share your thoughts.