here are some updates after contacting Sense.Lab.
> * figure out with Sense.Lab (Julius)
> o receiving donations
Here is a suggestion:
1. Donation is done via by bank transfer with subject "foodcoops.net"
to the Sense.Lab bank account.
2. The bank account is regularly checked for incoming donations. If
there are new donations with the subject "foodcoops.net", those are
categorized (using GnuCash) as money for our project.
3. In addition, the donation data are copied to a (version-controlled)
financial overview table where every member of the hosting team has access.
> o paying bills
If possible, we can pay by direct debit (SEPA-Lastschrift). This is also
the plan for the server costs. If direct debit is not available, we can
forward the bills to Steffen who will make sure that it will be paid.
> o ask if we can publically post account number
Yes, but we should always mention a specific keyword like
"foodcoops.net" together with the account details so that incoming
donations can be assigned correctly. In fact, the account number is
already publically readable .
> * order server (Julius)
Done. I have already access to our VM. I will write a separate mail for
> * check mail server, e.g. outgoing smtp (Julius)
Sense.Lab can help here, too. There are two options:
* configure the SMTP server to allow sending mails from the server's IP
* create account on the SMTP server with username and password